Top 10 Ways To Start Living A More Meaningful Life
by Dorene Lehavi, Ph.D.
Too many of us live like goldfish, swimming in the same orbit day in and day out feeling uninspired, tired, bored and sometimes worse. Life is much too precious to waste that way. Every person has a unique purpose in life. I implore you not to waste your days berating yourself for what you don't know and don't do well. Instead, discover your strengths, passions, purpose and build your life on those.
Here are 10 ideas about living a meaningful life, as I understand them. Embracing even a few of these will help you begin the exciting journey of self discovery.
We are all here for a purpose. Your being here makes a difference. Your purpose may be obscure to you and a challenge to discover. Start now. There are many resources, coaches and books to help you with this endeavor.
- The secret to fulfillment is self knowledge. Start the exciting journey of discovery.
- The second part of the secret to fulfillment is to apply your self knowledge to what you do and how you live. The more you know, the more you can actively pursue your true purpose.
- Don't waste time lamenting what you don't do well. Concentrate on your strengths. Those reflect who you are. Leave the other things to people who do them well.
- Build on your strengths. Do more of them and give yourself recognition for doing the things you do well.
- Pay attention to the small details that you enjoy in your everyday life. Do more of them.
- Pay attention to the small details you don't enjoy. Find ways (such as delegation) to eliminate as many of them as possible.
- Keep a journal and put particular emphasis on the things about yourself and events in your life for which you are grateful.
- Make an effort to release the negative aspects of your past. Try not be imprisoned by your past. Do not define yourself by your past.
- Jumpstart your self-esteem by giving back to the community. Volunteer in a meaningful way that suits who you are and your interests.
Enjoy the journey. You will get to know and like yourself in a whole new way. Work with a friend, hire a coach, and use the resources out there, to help you with objectivity. Have someone point out the good things about you that you have a tendency to overlook. As soon as you stop doing what you hate and start doing what you love, you may find your life more meaningful and fulfilling.
Article Publishing Guidelines:
These articles are the property of Dr. Dorene Lehavi. They may be freely reproduced electronically or in print, provided that they are published as written and include the following contact information.
About the author: Dorene Lehavi, Ph.D. is principal of Next Level Business and Professional Coaching. She coaches Professionals and Business Partners and teaches teleclasses on techniques to break through barriers to the next level. Dr. Lehavi offers a complimentary coaching session so you can experience how coaching can work for you. Contact Dr. Lehavi at DL@CoachingforYourNextLevel.com, or on the web at www.coachingforyournextlevel.com.
Copyright © Dr. Dorene Lehavi, PhD. All Rights Reserved.
Find the KEY to having the LIFE you WANT
and reach your TRUE purpose
in only 21 days!
Learn How to EXPRESS your values &
WHO YOU REALLY ARE!
Dr. Dorene Lehavi has more than 25 years experience as a professional assisting clients to reach their "Next Level." She holds a Master's degree from Hunter College and a Ph.D. from the University of Southern California.
Dorene Lehavi Articles
Did you know that 70% of business partnerships are doomed to fail?
by Dorene Lehavi