- BECOMING A FRANCHISOR
- WHY FRANCHISE?
- ADVANTAGES OF FRANCHISING
- ALTERNATE WAYS OF GROWING A BUSINESS
- FRANCHISING NEGATIVES
- STEPS TAKEN TO FRANCHISE YOUR BUSINESS
- INFORMATION ON PURCHASING A FRANCHISE
- WHY SHOULD YOU PURCHASE A FRANCHISE?
- NEW NON-FRANCHISE BUSINESS VS FRANCHISE
- THE LEARNING CURVE PROCESS
- TRY BEFORE YOU BUY
- GROWTH POTENTIAL
- FRANCHISES - A PROVEN BUSINESS SYSTEM
- PROVEN SUCCESSFUL OPPORTUNITY
- NO "TRIAL & ERROR" RISK FOR FRANCHISEES
- HELP WITH LOCATION/DEMOGRAPHICS
- FRANCHISE MODELS FOR LESS
- FRANCHISE DIRECTORY - LEGAL INFORMATION AND HELP RESOURCES
- INFORMATIONAL SITES SPECIALLY FOR FRANCHISING
- GENERAL BUSINESS INFORMATION & RESOURCES
- GOVERNMENT BUSINESS INFORMATION LINKS
- HOW TO DO RESEARCH ON A WORK AT HOME BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY
Franchising is a method of distributing products or services which allows the individual entrepreneur to be in business for themselves but not by themselves.
The "Franchisor" typically collects from the "Franchisee" an initial franchise fee and ongoing royalties in exchange for the right to use the franchisor's name and business system in a designated area. The franchisor also provides assistance and support in the form of training, site selection, marketing, lease negotiations, and ongoing support.
There are an estimated 1,500 different franchisors (franchise companies) operating in the U.S.
There are more than 320,000 franchise retail outlets in the U.S.
The franchising industry employs over 8 million people in the U.S.
Annual U.S. retail franchise sales in 2000 - 1 trillion dollars
The franchise industry accounts for 40% of all retail sales in the U.S.
A new franchise business opens every 8 minutes of every business day.
Approximately one out of every 12 businesses in the U.S. is a franchise business
Interesting Franchise fact: More than 75 different industries use franchising as a means to distribute goods and services.
The average initial franchise investment is $250,000 - excluding real estate.
The average royalty fees paid by franchisees range from 3% to 6% of monthly gross sales.
Most franchise companies have fewer than 100 units.
The average length of a franchise contract is 10 years.
Top franchise industry - Fast Food
Top franchise company... You guessed it! McDonalds