This page contains home business ideas, information, resources and programs, including Job and Business Guides that will assist you in starting, running and marketing your new or existing business or career.
8 Steps to a New Career Thinking of a career change but don't know where to begin? Let these eight steps be your guide.
Quiz: Is It Time To Quit Your Job? Try this Quiz to see how many "quitting signs" are true for you.
How to Identify Your Job Skills and Experience: taking inventory of your jobs skills and experience can help you when considering a job change.
To Find Your Dream Career Look at Your Life Experiences. Did you know that a record of your "life experiences" can be a valuable career tool? For example, if you did missionary work, joined an expedition, or ran away with the circus - but didn't do it "officially" - that qualifies as a life experience.
Quiz: What's Your Dream Career? This Quiz will help you start to identify the type of jobs you'd most likely enjoy.
- Raise and Train Race Horses
- Joe Taylor's Complete Guide to Breeding and Raising Racehorses (Paperback) by Joseph Lannon Taylor
- Reading Books
- Make Money Reading Books, Third Edition (Paperback) by Bruce Fife
- Referral Service
- Homeowner Referral Network (HRN) business: flexible, rewarding and profitable home-based business opportunity.
- Relocation Consultant
- Facilities Planning & Relocation: A Complete Management System Including : Comprehensive Text, Sample Specifications, over 50 Hard Copy and Electronic Forms (Paperback) by David D. Owen; "Many functions have been assigned to office space, but from our perspective, it has but one primary function, and that is to provide an efficient..."
- Report the News
- Find out how to get hired for a job in television as a TV news reporter or anchor, sportscaster, or weather person. (Resource: 10 Steps to a Fab Job as a Television Reporter)
- Secrets of a Freelance Writer, Second Edition : How To Make $85,000 A Year (Paperback) by Robert W. Bly "When asked by Esquire magazine what he would have done if it hadn't been for writing, novelist Richard Ford replied: "Make more money..."..."
- Restaurant and Five Other Food Businesses
- In this extensive guide, you learn the latest food trends, who your competition is, how to research your potential customers, the basics of setting up a dining room and kitchen, how to find a great location, how to leap over regulatory hurdles in the industry, and how to find the best people to staff your business. Even more in-depth information on several different food businesses.
- Restaurant Owner
- Start Your Own Restaurant Business. A step-by-step guide which will teach you how to get your restaurant open and how to keep it going.
- Resume Service
- Starting A Resume Business. Resume business e-book provides step-by-step instructions on starting, running, and profiting from a small, resume writing biz.
- Resume Service
- How to Start a Home-Based Resume Business, 2nd (Home-Based Business Series) (Paperback) by Jan Melnik
- Resume Service
- Resume Magic: Trade Secrets of a Professional Resume Writer: (Paperback 2003) by Susan Britton Whitcomb
- Risk Management Consultant
- The Complete Guide To Business Risk Management (Hardcover 2005) by Kit Sadgrove
- Reunion Organizer
- Family Reunion Handbook: A Complete Guide for Reunion Planners (Family Reunion Handbook) (Paperback) by Barbara E. Brown; "Reunions, like family members, come in all shapes and sizes..."
- River Rafting
- Whitewater Rafting (Paperback 2001) by Graeme Addison; "...the raft swings slowly into the current, passengers crouching wide-eyed near the bow..."
- Rod & Reel Repair
- Start Your Own Rod And Reel Repair Business
- Rubber Stamp Business
- "How-To" Start a Rubber Stamp Business.
- Safety Consultant
- Going Solo (Paperback) by William J. Bond; "In one word, competence will bring you success..." A comprehensive, step-by-step guide show you how to take your specialized knowledge--gathered from a job, career, education, or life experience--and turn it into a profitable, thriving home business.
- "Turn Your Favourite Hobby ... Scrapbooking... Into A Profitable Business, Even If You're Complete Beginner!" - Start a Scrapbooking Business.
- Lasting Expressions: Scrapbooking Titles, Phrases, Captions, Quotes, Sayings, and Ideas for your Scrapbooks.
- Screen Printing
- How to Print T-Shirts for Fun and Profit! (Paperback 2000) by Scott O. Fresener (Related: I Made That! How to Make Money Making Personalized Stuff (Paperback 2004) by Cindy Brown)
- Screen Writer
- Secondhand Storeowner
- Sewing 101: A Step-by-Step Guide to Sewing Basics
- Secret Shopper
- The Mystery Shopper's Manual (5th Edition) (Paperback) by Cathy Stucker; "Mystery shoppers visit business disguised as normal customers, and do the things other customers do-ask questions, make a purchase, make a return - but with a twist..." (Also See Mystery Shopper)
- Secretarial Service Business
- The Secretarial Business-In-A-Box Shows How You Can Cash In On The High Demand For Secretarial Services.
- Introduction to Business and Industrial Security and Loss Control: A Primer for Public Law Enforcement and Private Security Personnel (Hardcover) by Raymond P. Siljander; "This book is intended for, among others, law enforcement officers who desire to improve their crime prevention and crime investigation efforts through an increased understanding..."
- Self Defense Instructor
- Personal Safety: A Training Resource Manual (Hardcover) by Chris Cardy, Diana Lamplugh
- Seminar Consulting
- Getting Started in Speaking, Training, or Seminar Consulting (Getting Started In.....) (Paperback) by Robert W. Bly; "There are lot of people who want to be speakers today-but perhaps some of them should not..."
- Seminar Promotion
- How to Develop and Promote Successful Seminars and Workshops: The Definitive Guide to Creating and Marketing Seminars, Workshops, Classes, and Conferences (Paperback) by Howard L. Shenson; "The adult education business made up of seminars, workshops, conferences, and classes is one of the fastest growing and most profitable industries: billions of dollars...".
- The 'Business' of Sewing : How to Start, Maintain and Achieve Success (Paperback) by Barbara Wright Sykes
- Sewing Machine Repair
- Sewing Machine Repair as a Home Business: How to Repair Sewing Machines at Home by F. Asefnia
- Show Promoter
- Promotional Marketing (Paperback) by William A. Robinson; "What a decade of opportunities!..."
- Sightseeing Tours
- Start Your Own Specialty Travel & Tour Business (Also see "Tour Guide Business")
- Sign Language Interpreting
- So You Want to Be an Interpreter: An Introduction to Sign Language Interpreting (Paperback) by Jan Humphrey, Bob Alcorn, Janice H. Humphrey
- (Related: Dream Career: Interpreter/Translator; Reading Between the Signs Workbook: A Cultural Guide for Sign Language Students and Interpreters (Paperback) by Anna Mindess )
- The Professional Singer's Handbook : The Complete Guidebook for Becoming a Successful Singer (Paperback) by Gloria Rusch; "Have you ever asked yourself questions such as these?..." (Related: Become a Recording Artist; TV Kids)
- Small Business Consultant
- (Related: High Income Consulting : How to Build and Market Your Professional Practice)
- Social Entrepreneur
- Become a Social Entrepreneur and Make a Living Making a Difference
- Song writer
- Market Your Songs to Record Companies, Recording Artists, and Publishers
- Spa Owner
- Related: Massage Therapist (Resource: 10 Steps to a Fab Job as a Massage Therapist)
- Motivational Speaker (Resource: 10 Steps to a Fab Job as a Motivational Speaker)
- Sports Agent
- *NEW* Stationery Store Owner
- Open a Stationery Shop or
Start a Greeting Card Store.
- Super Salesperson
- Increase Your Income with Win-Win Selling