This page contains home business ideas, information, resources and programs, including Job and Business Guides that will assist you in starting, running and marketing your new or existing business or career.
8 Steps to a New Career Thinking of a career change but don't know where to begin? Let these eight steps be your guide.
Quiz: Is It Time To Quit Your Job? Try this Quiz to see how many "quitting signs" are true for you.
How to Identify Your Job Skills and Experience: taking inventory of your jobs skills and experience can help you when considering a job change.
To Find Your Dream Career Look at Your Life Experiences. Did you know that a record of your "life experiences" can be a valuable career tool? For example, if you did missionary work, joined an expedition, or ran away with the circus - but didn't do it "officially" - that qualifies as a life experience.
Quiz: What's Your Dream Career? This Quiz will help you start to identify the type of jobs you'd most likely enjoy.
- Starting and Building Your Own Accounting Business, Third Edition, (Paperback) by Jack Fox
- Small Business Accounting Simplified (Paperback) by Daniel Sitarz
- UK Accounting Jobs
- Fame. Fortune. Fans. Information on finding an agent, getting started and answers to questions like "Should I move to NY or LA?" and "How do I get into movies?" (Resource: How to Find an Agent; Related: Help Your Child Break into Acting)
- Adult Day Care:
- A Practical Guidebook and Manual (Hardcover) by Lenore A. Tate
- Adventure Tourism
- Start and Run a Profitable Tour Guiding Business (Start & Run ...) (Paperback) by Barbara Braidwood, Susan M. Boyce, Richard Cropp
- Advertising Agency
- The Advertising Agency Business: The Complete Manual for Management & Operation (Hardcover) by Eugene J. Hameroff
- Advertising Copywriter
- Discover how you can get started and succeed in the exciting advertising industry.
- Advertising Copywriter
- Advertising Secrets of the Written Word: The Ultimate Resource on How to Write Powerful Advertising Copy from One of America's Top Copywriters and Mail Order Entrepreneurs (Hardcover) by Joseph Sugarman
- Animal Trainer
- (Resources: Animal Trainer; "How-To" Start a Pet Supplies and Accessories Business; Related: "How-To" Start a Pet Care Business; Pet Business)
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Discover how to buy and sell antiques and collectibles.
- Antiques Dealer
- Start an Antiques Business or Profit from Selling Your Own Antiques. You can become an antiques dealer and start your own antiques business. In the FabJob Guide to Become an Antiques Dealer you will get expert advice to help you start your own antiques business and open an antiques shop.
- (Resource: Dream Career: Archaeology; Getting Archaeology Experience)
- Art Curator
- A step-by-step guide to help you get started and get a job with a museum or art gallery or help corporations develop art collections.
- Art Gallery Owner
- Imagine having an exciting, prestigious, and rewarding career as the owner of an art gallery, getting paid to select and sell art.
- Art Restoration
- Art Restoration: The Culture, the Business, and the Scandal (Paperback) by James Beck, Michael Daley
- How to Survive and Prosper as an Artist, 5th ed. : Selling Yourself Without Selling Your Soul (Paperback) by Caroll Michels "As an artist you have experienced the exuberance of creating something you like, which might be the culmination of a direction in your work or..." (Resource: Artist; Commercial Artist)
- Artist (Freelance) Getting Started As a Freelance Illustrator or Designer (Artist's Market Business Series) (Paperback) by Michael Fleishman
Draw, paint, do portraits of people and animals, etc. Get Started: Advertise online, your local library, join your local arts council, meet other artists. Go to shows, art galleries, craft fairs (do portraits) and start your own website.
- (Resources: Steps to a Fab "Job" as an Olympic Athlete; Personal Trainer guide sample; Dream Career: Sports Agent; - Related: Become a Yoga Teacher)
- Shortest Distance Between You and a Published Book (Paperback) by Susan Page who offers twenty essential steps for publishing success including three "magic first steps" to start with so that success will eventually follow, . . .
- Auto Detailing
- Auto Detail Hbkhp1288 (Paperback) by Don Taylor "There are a wide variety of tools and products available for detailing..."
- Auto Detailing
- Start Your Own Automobile Detailing Business (Start Your Own . . .) (Paperback - April 2005) by Eileen Figure Sandlin "When it comes to an industry with wide-open opportunities for enterprising small-business owners, auto detailing ranks right up there with the best of them..."
- Backyard Nursery
- Growing Profits: How to Start & Operate a Backyard Nursery (Paperback) by Michael Harlan
- Start your own bread and biscuit bakery. (Resource: Dream Career: Chef; Related: Cookie Business)
How to Open a Financially Successful Bakery by Sharon Fullen and Douglas R. Brown
- How to Open a Financially Successful Bakery (Paperback)
by Sharon Fullen, Douglas R. Brown
Do you love baking and have an empty basement or a large kitchen? Auctions can provide inexpensive equipment - ovens, countertops, shelving. Sometimes grocery stores are renovating and are updating their equipment. Ask around.
- Bakery, Pet
- Bake dog treats for money: Who said that making money in the food industry was restricted to people food? This detailed step-by-step business system is designed to have you on your way to claiming your own six-figure piece of the $29,000,000,000 (that's 29 billion dollars) spent on pets in the United States annually. Why not cook for dogs? Again, look around at auctions, yard sales, etc. for any equipment you may need. (Resource: "How-To" Start a Pet Supply Business; Related: Homemade Dog Treat Recipes; Healthy Food For Dogs: Homemade Recipes
- Starting a Bar, Starting a Bar Business. Here's to a successful business. From sports bar to brewpub, we've got five hot businesses for you. This step-by-step guide will help you turn your dream into a moneymaking reality. --Neighborhood bar, sports bar, brewpub, wine or martini bar, and nightclub-- discover how to get those bar stools filled with happy customers.
- Bar Tending
- insider strategies on how to be a top money making bartender.
- Beauty Salon
- Salon Promotions: Creative Blueprints for Success (Paperback) by Judy Ventura
Do you enjoy hair styling / cosmetology? Utilize your basement or a spare room - turn it into a Beauty Salon. You can purchase equipment like chairs, counters and cupboards, mirrors, etc. at Commercial Auctions or search on eBay - http://www.ebay.com.
- Bed and Breakfast Business
- (Resource: Bed and Breakfast Owner; Related: Bed and Breakfast)
If you have a cottage or a second home - or maybe your children have left and you'd like to make use of the extra space but you really don't know how or what. Why not start a bed and breakfast? You can make these spare rooms pay ALL year - or Seasonally. Book the rooms to your schedule and still make a very good income. This is an excellent part-time or full-time home business.
- Birthday Party Business - Ideas
- Discover how to entertain children and have an awesome birthday party! (Resource: The Birthday Party Business: How to Make a Living As a Children's Entertainer
- Paperback by Bruce Fife-Editor)
- Book Editor
- by Jodi L. Brandon - Wonderful idea for those who love to read! You could "shape what the world reads"! (Resource: The Life of a Book Editor guide sample -- The Book Lover's Dream Job)
- Secrets to Starting & Running Your Own Bookkeeping Business.
Are you good with numbers and spreadsheets? Manage bank accounts, invoices and more for local businesses like your corner mini mart, dry cleaners or any retail store. You can do this work at home. Get Started: Join your local business networking organization and hand out your business card. Define what type of books you're interested in keeping.
- Bookkeeping & Tax Preparation
- Start & Build a Prosperous Bookkeeping, Tax, & Financial Services Business (Paperback) by Gordon P. Lewis
- Bookstore Owner
- As a bookstore owner you can get paid to read, recommend, buy and sell books.
- Boutique Owner or Bridal Shop Owner
- Open Your Own Boutique. Learn how to Start a Women's Clothing Store, Men's Wear Store, Bridal Boutique or Children's Clothing Store.
- Bridal / Wedding Consultant
- Exciting high-paying job that lets you use your creativity to organize the happiest day of people's lives. As a wedding planner (also known as a bridal consultant, wedding consultant, or wedding co-ordinator) you will have a job that is fun, interesting, and rewarding. (Resources: 10 Steps to a Fab Job as a Wedding Planner; How to Break Into a Fab Job as an Event Planner; Get Paid to Plan Events)
- *NEW* Bridal Salon Owner
- This Guide to shows you how to Open a Bridal Boutique,
Bridal Salon, Bridal Store or Bridal Shop.
- Bridal / Wedding Consultant Business
- Start Your Own Wedding Consultant Business: Your Step-By-Step Guide to Success (Paperback) by Eileen Figure Sandlin; (Resource: 10 Steps to a FabJob as a Wedding Planner)
- Business or Management Consultant
- Challenging and prestigious career helping businesses and other organizations identify problems, and recommending solutions to those problems. (Resources: 7 Steps to a Fab Job as a Management Consultant; Start and Run a Profitable Consulting Business: A Step-By-Step Business Plan-Self Counsel Business Series-Paperback-by Douglas A. Gray)
- Variety, challenge, and the opportunity to use many skills. Butlers (sometimes known as a household managers) are respected as the head of the household staff. As a butler at a family estate, you will be responsible for ensuring everything runs smoothly. (Related: Become a Personal Concierge Business Owner )